Trail running is awesome!
In the beginning it was supposed to be alternative training – using different muscles to those used in road running and to do some strength training. Then it became an excuse to see some of the most beautiful views and back roads of farms you rarely have access to.
And now, since winning my trail shoes (pictured) at one of the TSIBA New Balance runs, we’re making an effort to get to all the trail runs we can for all of the above reasons. Even if you don’t like running, loads of people bring their dogs along for a walk through the vineyards and a bunch of farms have awesome hiking and biking trails for any day of the week.
Below are a few links to posts from runs we have done before and a list of the upcoming trail runs I know about (let me know if you have others to add to the list)…
PREVIOUS TRAIL RUNS
UPCOMING TRAIL RUNS
– 7 June 2014 – TSIBA Trail Run at Groot Constantia, Constantia
– 8 June 2014 – Dirtopia Winter Trail Run #1 at Knorhoek, Stellenbosch
– 14 June 2014 – Greyton Classic, Greyton
– 5 July 2014 – Dirtopia Winter Trail Run #2 at Muratie, Stellenbosch
– 12 July 2014 – Salomon Bastille Day Trail Run, Franschhoek
– 20 July 2014 – Spur Trail Series #1 at Paul Cluver, Elgin
– 27 July 2014 – Spur Trail Series #1 at Tygerberg, Northern Suburbs
– 3 August 2014 – Spur Trail Series #1 at Paarl
– 16 August – Dirtopia Winter Trail Run #3 at Delheim, Stellenbosch
– 16 August 2014 – Spur Trail Series #1 at Kleinmond
– 6 September 2014 – Cellar to Cellar Trail Run, Stellenbosch